All photography provided by Jared Chambers
Our research operates at the interface of social and counseling/clinical psychology. Our current focus is on understudied forms of prejudice and stereotyping. These understudied forms of bias often go unrecognized and therefore may have adverse impacts in society and in psychotherapy.
Our mission has two major parts: (1) To produce psychological science that has an impact on scholarship, psychological practice, and society, (2) To develop students into creative, competent, and productive scholars and practitioners.
What We've Achieved
- 100+ scholarly publications, most with students
- 100+ presentations at scholarly meetings, most with students
- 28 Ph.D. graduates of the lab
- 26 honors thesis graduates
- 8 outstanding teaching and mentoring awards